👇Watch the video to learn about your coverage options! 👇
The fine print: Yes – your policy covers rentals – here’s the fine print.
- Driver must be on both the rental agreement and the policy to be covered.
- Coverage applies in USA and Canada only
- Coverage and deductibles match your most insured vehicle
You may want to take out the collision coverage even if your insure your car for coverage – here’s why.
- Driving a strange car, you are more likely to have a damage the vehicle (miss a curb, park to close, etc)
- If you use your comprehensive/collision coverage, the car rental company will usually charge you and admin fee
- If you use the rental car policy for damage to just the rented car (single car accident), they will not report this to insurance/dmv. It will not go on your record.
Situations to consider including collision on the rental car:
- Emotional times (weddings, funerals, after an accident)
- Bad and inclement weather
- Difficult driving environments (urban, unfamiliar)
Contact us for any questions + ideas about car insurance your rental car needs!